Welcome to MEET-UP UPPER VALLEY!
Starts with a trip to the Hanover's Farmers Market! Then back to school to learn to cook with all the fresh purchases that you selected at the market with the chef by your side.
Date and Time
August 16, 2017
5:00 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Consumer Food Co-op
Culinary Learning Center
12 Centerra Parkway
Lebanon, NH 03766
$20 per person
Cooking in Season will be a two part cooking class to celebrate the purchasing of fresh and locally grown food items from the farmers markets to your table.
Part I: Begins at the Hanover Farmers Market in Hanover where you will purchase fresh items for the class.
- Participants of this class will gather at the market and walk with Lindsay Smith, CoOp Culinary Learning Center’s Food Educator. You will be guide on a tour through the farmers market, with the help of Lindsay you will make purchases for your seasonal cooking experience that lays ahead.
Part II: Continues at the Co-op Culinary Learning Center where the cooking class will be structured as a demo class with ample opportunities to participate.
- Items that were purchased at the market will be used in recipes that really celebrate the foods and season. Recipes will be developed closer to the event and are subject to change do to availability of what is available at the farmers market at time of purchase.
- Each participant will receive a small sample of seasonal veggies to take home.
- Participants will also be sampling and tasting local wine and beer with the prepared food.
The Little Details:
- Please dress in comfortable clothes and shoes for walking the farmers market.
- Participants will need to provide their own transportation to the Hanover Farmers Market and to the Culinary Learning School. No transportation will be provided.
- Once you register, you must receive a confirmation email to confirm your reservation. If you do not receive a confirmation email, please contact our office so that we can assist you.
- Payment is due when signing up for the event.
- Payment for this event must be received within 10 days of registration to hold your spot. If payment is not received within 10 days you will be removed for the list so others may attend.
- Cancellations received after August 2nd will not be eligible for a refund. Cancellations will be accepted via e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
MUUV – Meet-Up Upper Valley