Welcome to MEET-UP UPPER VALLEY!
A Day in the “Big Apple”- New York City, of course!
The holidays are fast approaching and it’s time to get MUUV-ing!
Let us drive you to New York City for a day: no parking, no hotel stays, no worries!
Date and Time
Saturday, December 9th
5:00 am to 11:30 pm
New York, New York
Departing from two locations:
Lebanon, NH & Ascutney, VT
$59 per person, round trip
Departure from the Upper Valley:
The bus will pick up and drop off at two locations!
- Note: Each rider will be assigned a bus number. You will both leave and return on the same bus, so please write down your assigned bus number
- Buses will leave promptly at their scheduled times, please be on time.
- Leave from Lebanon: The bus will pick up at DHMC Parking Lot 9 (a map of Lot 9’s location can be found by clicking here). You can leave your car at Lot 9 all day. The bus will leave Hanover promptly at 5:00 am Check in and boarding begin at 4:45 am
- Leave from Weathersfield/Ascutney: The bus will pick up at the Weathersfield/Ascutney Park and Ride on Route 113 (located just off of Exit 8 on I-91, see a map of the lot’s location here). The bus will arrive in Weathersfield/Ascutney promptly at 5:30 am. You must be present at that time to board.
- You will be asked to choose your boarding location while signing up for the event.
- Arrival in New York City: The bus will drop-off at Bryant Park (42nd Street between 5th & 6th Ave., near Times Square) at approximately 10:10pm Upon arrival, you are free to have your own New York City adventure!
- Departure from New York City: In the evening, the bus will pick-up at Bryant Park (42nd Street between 5th and 6th Ave., near Times Square), the same location where you were dropped off. You must arrive by 6:45 pm to be checked in. as the bus will depart from NYC promptly at 7:00 pm
- Return to the Upper Valley: The bus will arrive at Weathersfield/Ascutney at approximately 11:30 pm, and back at Lot 9 at 12:00 am (Dependant on traffic and road conditions)
The Little Details
- We’re here to help! There will be a trip leader appointed on each bus who will check you in each time you get on the bus. You will be provided with the trip leader’s phone number as well as the bus driver’s phone number should you need anything while you in New York City. The trip leader will also have some New York City maps and guides to help you plan your day.
- This event is open to all ages, anyone under 18 must be accompanied by adult.
- There is a restroom on the bus, and the bus generally stops once on each trip for a snack and restroom break.
- The bus ride is 5 hours long, so be prepared by bringing some entertainment. There is no wireless on the bus, but there is a DVD player and TV screens, so if you have a family-friendly movie to share, please bring it!
- The bus will not be parked at Bryant Park all day, so you will need to take your valuables with you. However, you can leave coolers, games, and other non-valuables on the bus as the same bus will pick us up in the evening.
- You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks on the bus, we simply ask that you not bring glass or alcohol.
- Please consider weather changes and prepare with appropriate clothing.
- In the event of an unplanned change of pick up location, you will be advised by text or email about the alternate pick-up location.
- Payment is due when signing up for the event. Cancellations received after November 24th will not be eligible for a refund. Cancellations will be accepted via phone or e-mail, and must be received by the stated cancellation deadline.
MUUV – Meet-Up Upper Valley