Introducing MEET-UP UPPER VALLEY – MUUV (Pronounced MOVE)
A New Opportunity for you to network your Employees into our community
Sometimes your employees are so busy in their daily pursuit of excellence in their jobs they are precluded from making the connections that will enhance their personal and professional lives.
A new networking program – MUUV – is designed by the Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce (HACC) to strengthen the bonds between you, your employees and your community. MUUV is designed to help your employees come to appreciate and to cherish this place we call ‘home.’
Current Participating Employers: Dartmouth College, Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Hypertherm, Ledyard Savings Bank, Novo Nordisk and ANSYS Inc.
Benefits for Employees
How does one of your employees benefit?
Introduces him or her to people and places in the Upper Valley
Provides new knowledge of what the community has to offer the entire family
Strengthens his/her relationships in the community through participation
Establishes the value of your company or organization as an important contribution to life in the Upper Valley.
What do you have to do?
Recognize the importance of place and experiences as an employee benefit
Join MUUV by contacting us.
Sign a MUUV Partner Agreement, paying a low, flat annual fee based on number of eligible employees.
We do all the work
What do we do?
Negotiate for and operate each employee event
Provide you with a monthly calendar of opportunities for your employees
Create the basics for what you can use to market this benefit
Work with your staff to facilitate implementation and communication
Manage all financial and administrative aspects of the program
What are the main objectives of Meet Up-Upper Valley (MUUV)?
There are several objectives; all aimed at attracting talent to the area, retaining that talent, and making that talent feel “at home.” We aim:
- To attract, retain and engage talent in the Upper Valley
- To introduce potential and current employees and their families to each other and to and the Upper Valley
- To create activities or events that enrich the lives of those who participate. Activities /events will have either tangible, appealing and/or participatory components
- To align employee centric companies with other companies sharing the same outlook
- To create an affordable benefit program by spreading administrative costs across multiple companies and organizations
Who operates the program?
The staff of HACC. We:
- Create, select, negotiate and coordinate events, including all financial matters
- Provide facilitation, advertising, set-up, tear-down
- Handle all concerns, questions, confusions and complaints (if any)
How often are events planned?
The proposed program is designed and priced to provide 2-3 events per month. The type, scope and event frequency will be refined based on continuing feedback from participants.
What are some examples of successful past events?
- Bird Sanctuary Walk – Take a walk with an ornithologist in Etna’s sanctuary, and discover our area birds
- Snowshoe Wine & Dine – The Quechee Inn at Marshland Farm welcomes practiced or novice snowshoe enthusiasts, to join in an area trek, after which the Inn hosts an amazing meal.
- Frozen Fenway – A trip to Boston to see a college hockey tournament, featuring some of the best teams in the country—or maybe a Red Sox game.
Why should we consider joining?
- The program allows for you and other businesses to offer, collaborate and share costs for an employee benefit without having company personnel distracted from their primary tasks
- Your employees will meet and share common interests with other area employees and their families.
- You will be taking steps to achieve employee retention and productivity goals.
- The management, supervision and quality control of the program are handled by HACC, with your staff doing minimal work.
What are the deliverables by HACC for your investment?
- 4-5 free events per year
- 12-15 events per year
- Participation costs average $30.00-$50.00
- Several events per year involving bus or train travel as a day long trip and/or an overnight stay (market group discount rates)
- Idea generation
- Complete logistical coordination
- All registration details
- Hiring, training and paying of subcontractors
- Promotional and marketing support
- Program measurement reports
How much does the company membership cost?
Membership is based number of employees. Some events will be free to your employees, while others will require the individuals to cost-sharing fee. You can choose to cover outing fees entirely, partially, or not at all. MUUV is extremely affordable for any size company, please contact the Chamber Office for pricing quotes.
When can my company join?
Anytime. Payment Plans are available. Call our office if you’d like a presentation.
Call 603-643-3115 or email MUUV@hanoverchamber.org if you are ready to sign-up for the best networking in New England.